You can withdraw from an activity online or at any staffed facility before the activity starts. However, if you withdraw within seven days of an activity's start date, you must contact the offering facility. This requirement ensures that facilities can properly manage activity expenditures, staffing quotas, etc.
Before the activity begins, you can usually switch to another one that's hosted at the same facility by visiting the facility in person without penalty.
Registrations done in error for all programs may be transferred or withdrawn online or in person without penalty on the same day.
Sign in to PARKS DIRECT and go to Cancellations
1. Go to www.pgparksdirect.com and sign in to your PARKS DIRECT account.
- Select SIGN IN on the upper-right corner of PARKS DIRECT's home page. Then enter your username and password in the boxes. Lastly, select the Login button below the Username and Password boxes.
2. On PARKS DIRECT's navigation bar, select My Account > Cancellations.
- If you are canceling a program within seven days of its start date, you must contact the hosting facility.
- Some items can't be canceled with PARKS DIRECT. Go to Prince George's Department of Parks and Recreation's website to see our policy on refund, cancellation, withdrawal, and proration.
Complete your cancellation
3. On the Cancellations page, move down and select the Cancel This button next to the item you'd like to cancel.
4. Select Proceed To Checkout on the shopping cart screen.
5. Choose a refund method from the Using This Refund Method dropdown. Select the box and choose a method from the dropdown.
Below is a detailed list of refund methods.
Apply to Household - leaves funds on your PARKS DIRECT account for future use.
Request Refund Check - (for payments made by cash, check, or money order) initiates a refund from our Finance Department (will take 2-3 weeks to process).
Refund Now - (for payments made by credit card) returns the funds to your credit/debit account in 3-4 business days.
6. Select Continue to complete your cancellation.
- If you can't cancel the item online, try contacting the offering facility.
- Withdrawals may be subject to an administrative fee. Read our refund policy to learn more.