Many of Prince George's parks have neighborhood open shelters (picnic shelters) to rent for your outdoor events. Go here for information on all of Prince George's rentals.
Go to the article on How to Reserve Watkins and Cosca Park shelters if you're interested in renting a shelter from either of those regional parks.
Log in to PARKS DIRECT and go to the Neighborhood Park Open Shelters page
1. Go to www.pgparksdirect.com and sign in to your PARKS DIRECT account.
- Select SIGN IN on the upper-right corner of PARKS DIRECT's home page. Then enter your username and password in the boxes. Lastly, select the Login button below the Username and Password boxes.
Only residents from Prince George's and Montgomery counties can rent these shelters.
2. Select Browse > Neighborhood Park Open Shelters on the navigation bar, or Move down the home page and select the Picnic Shelters tile that's below the page's sliding images banner.
Enter the date of your rental
3. On the calendar, select green banner below the date you want to rent a shelter.
To view future months, select the Next Month button to the right of the current month.
Enter the park where you're renting the shelter
4. Enter the park's name where the shelter is located in the Keyword Search box. Or move down the facility search page until you find the park building you want to reserve.
5. Select Search below the filters on the left.
Above the calendar, you can select the text next to Display Option and change how shelters are displayed. If you choose Listing or Detail, you might need to change the date in the Begin Date box.
Listing - Lists all shelters.
Detail - Lists all shelters with the park’s address and the shelter’s maximum capacity.
Calendar - Shows the availability for the month you selected under the date.
Graphical - Currently unavailable.
Choose your rental's time frame
6. Choose your rental's time frame by selecting a time below the park's address and capacity. PARKS DIRECT only offers picnic shelter rentals for an entire day.
7. Select Add To Cart on the pop-up banner at the bottom of the screen.
Enter rental information
8. Check the checkbox next to the PARKS DIRECT family member who's paying for the rental and select Continue.
If you need to add a family member select My Account > Household & Member, and select the Add New Member button at the bottom of the page.
9. In the Reservation Purpose box, enter why you are renting the facility. For example, you might rent a park building for a 3-year-old’s birthday party, high school graduation party, or family reunion.
10. Check the check box below the Reservation Purpose box.
Review waivers, then complete your payment
11. Read the rental's waivers. Then check the checkbox next to I agree with the above and select Continue below the waivers.
12. In your shopping cart, review your rental purchase and select Proceed To Checkout.
13. Enter your payment information, complete the captcha, and select Continue. You can also donate to a Parks and Recreation sponsored charity by selecting the Add a Donation button.
After selecting Continue, do not use the back button on your browser.