You can withdraw from an activity's section online or at any staffed facility before the start of the program. However, if you withdraw within seven days of a section's start date, you must contact the facility offering the section. This requirement ensures that facilities can properly manage program expenditures, staffing quotients, etc.
Before the section begins, you can usually switch to another one at the same facility without penalty by visiting the facility in person.
Registrations done in error for all programs may be transferred or withdrawn online or in person without penalty on the same day.
Log in to Parks Direct and go to Cancellations
1. Go to www.pgparksdirect.com to begin canceling your prior purchase.
2. Log in to your Parks Direct account.
- Select Login on the upper-right corner of the Parks Direct home page. Then enter your username and password in the login pop-up window. Lastly, select the Login button below the Username and Password boxes.
3. On Parks Direct's navigation bar, select My Account > Cancellations. You'll find Cancellations under History & Balances on the My Account menu.
- If you are canceling a program within seven days of its start date, you must contact the hosting facility.
- Some items can't be canceled with Parks Direct. Go to Prince George's Department of Parks and Recreation's website to see our policy on refund, cancellation, withdrawal, and proration.
Select Login on the upper-right corner of Parks Direct's website. On the login pop-up window, enter your username and password and select Login. See above.
Select My Account > Cancellations. See above.
Finalize your cancellation
4. On the Cancellations page, select the check mark next to the item you'd like to cancel.
5. Select Proceed to Checkout.
6. Choose a refund method from the dropdown. Below is a list of the refund methods.
Apply to Household leaves the funds on your Parks Direct account for future use.
Request Refund Check (for payments made by cash, check, or money order) initiates a refund from our Finance Department (will take 2-3 weeks to be processed).
Refund Now (for payments made by credit card) returns the funds to your credit/debit account in 3-4 business days.
7. Select Continue & Accept Refund/Cancellation Policy to finalize your cancellation.
- If you can't cancel the item online, contact the offering facility.
- Withdrawals may be subject to an administrative fee. Read our refund policy to learn more.
Select the check mark next to the purchase you're canceling. See above.
Select Proceed To Checkout in your shopping cart. See above.
Select your desired refund method. See above.